Applying Hypothesis Testing
For this discussion, answer the following questions:
- What is a null hypothesis?
- What is an alternative hypothesis?
Then articulate a null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis for a research study that pertains to your area of specialization.
- What conclusions can be drawn from this study with a “statistically significant” result?
Use your Warner text, Applied Statistics: From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques, to complete the following:
- Read Chapter 3, “Statistical Significance Testing,” pages 81–124. This reading addresses the following topics:
- The logic of null hypothesis testing.
- Type I and Type II errors.
- The z test.
- Null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Limiting Type I error.
- Effect size.
- Statistical power.
APA format….Site references