- Research information security policies:
- Review the information security policy templates at https:// one policy and create a policy violation case example following the example provided in the section, “Implementing and Enforcing Company Policy” in the chapter.
- Provide a link to the policy that was violated in your example and prepare a one-paragraph summary of the violation details.
2,Locate a chain of custody form:
- Perform a web search for a chain of custody form for digital evidence, such as a computer hard drive.
- Compare the form you find with the information provided in the section, “Chain-of-Evidence Form,” in the chapter.
- Provide a link to the chain of custody form and prepare a one-paragraph summary explaining any changes or additions you would make to the form.
3.Calculate an MD5 hash:
- Perform a web search for an online MD5 hash calculator.
- Type the following text string, omitting the quotes, into the calculator and calculate a hash: “Learning is fun!”
- Note that case and punctuation must be exact.
- MD5 hash: d2002e758ecca0752063c5af6a288abd
- Prepare a one-paragraph summary detailing the results of your MD5 calculation. Did you get the same results? Why or why not?
4.Research current events in forensic investigations:
- Using your preferred Internet browser, go to CSO Investigations and Forensics at http:// one article dealing with the topics discussed in this chapter
- Prepare a one-paragraph summary of the article.