Module Readings and Assignment:
Complete the following readings early in the module:
- Read the overview/online lectures for the Module
- From the textbook, Capitalism at the Crossroads: Next Generation Business Strategies for a Post-Crisis World, read the following chapters:
- The sustainable value portfolio
- Clean technology and creative destruction
- Innovation from the bottom-up
- From the Argosy University online library resources, read:
- Srinivasan, S. & Singh, R. K. (2010). The persistence of green goodwill. Environment, Development, and Sustainability, 12(5), 825–837.http:// 750311764
Module Overview (Included As Attachment)
Assignment: Course Project—Sustainability Programs
In this assignment, you will continue your analysis of sustainability issues at a hypothetical organization—Top Shelf Shoes. This assignment will allow you the opportunity to build knowledge and practice of the sustainable elements of corporate operations.
Click here to download and review the Top Shelf scenario. (Included As An Attachment)
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research sustainability products and programs.
Write a memo to Tie, the founder of Top Shelf Shoes, that explains how one-off products or programs, such as the Green Shoe or a shoe-recycling program, may be insufficient to achieve the broader goals of sustainability.
As part of the memo also address the following as they apply to Top Shelf Shoes. Make assumptions about the company product line as necessary.
- Analyze specific business products and practices as they relate to eco-efficiency.
- Analyze specific business products and practices as they relate to product stewardship and supply chains.
- Explain how eco-efficiency and product stewardship can contribute to sustainability and achieving business goals.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Turned-in on time, Grading criteria followed All assignment qualifications addressed correctly, Grading Criteria followed, Include Question followed by the answer Reference Page Included Cover page Included, Paragraphs Indented, Running-head included, main heading should be centered; all new paragraphs should be indented; paper should be right ragged, not right justified; references, should always go on a standalone page. abstracts are not usually indented; acronyms should be spelled out when using them for the first time, for example HR. references as listed are APA standard. When you submit your papers through turnitin.com, your overall similarity index score should not be exceedingly high, with ten to fifteen percent being the maximum, Please make sure your APA formatting of citations. I have provided the APA resource cite for you. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01, Please work on using literature within the span of the last 5 years, keep in mind there should not be any one, two, or three sentence paragraphs
Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
By Monday September 17, 2018, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Assignment Grading Criteria & Maximum Points:
Explained how one-off products or programs may be insufficient to achieve the broader goals of sustainability at Top Shelf Shoes. 28 pts.
Assertions demonstrated analysis of specific business products and practices as they relate to the goals of sustainable business. 28 pts.
Wrote a memo covering all the listed items and giving reasons to support your assertions. 28 pts.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 16 pts.
Total: 100 pts.