PART1- Due Thursday
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Review this week’s course materials and learning activities, and reflect on your learning so far this week. Respond to one or more of the following prompts in one to two paragraphs:
- Provide citation and reference to the material(s) you discuss. Describe what you found interesting regarding this topic, and why.
- Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
- Describe what may be unclear to you, and what you would like to learn.
PART2-University of Phoenix Material
Case Study One Worksheet- Read Case Study One in the text.
*ALL CASE STUDIES ARE LOCATED IN THE APPENDIX IN THE BACK OF THE BOOK. You will need to download the entire book to access them. Some students have had difficulties downloading the entire book in the Blackboard system. You will need to call tech support if you have difficulties downloading it and they will walk you through the process.
Respond to the following questions in 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
- How might Dr. Romaro’s ambivalence toward the death penalty influence his decision to offer a forensic diagnosis of intellectual disability?
- How might John’s “confession” or his comment about the “boy waiting for the bus” influence the decision? To what extent should these factors play a role in Dr. Romaro’s report?
- How are APA Ethical Standards 2.0f, 3.06, 4.04, 4.05, 5.01, 9.01a and 9.06 relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
- What steps should Dr. Romaro take to ethically implement his decision and monitor its effect?
Fisher, C. B. (2013). Decoding the ethics code: A practical guide for psychologists. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
PART3-I WILL HAVE TO SEND THE INFORMATION Select an ethical dilemma related to professional competence.
Obtain faculty approval prior to beginning the assignment.
Develop a 5- to 10-minute debate based on your selected dilemma.
Address the following items:
- Describe your selected ethical dilemma and why it is a dilemma.
- Provide an argument for two methods of resolving the issue and justify the ethical resolution process you would take under each method.
- Provide an argument for why each method should be used.
Submit a transcript of the debate.
Include a reference page with two to three peer-reviewed sources.