Write a 3–4-page assessment in which you examine possible connections between adult attachment styles and the types of love that adults develop.
Look in the Capella library for research articles on the topic of attachment styles in adulthood, theories of love, and the relationship between attachment styles and types of love. Consider whether there is a connection between adult attachment styles and the types of love adults develop. In your assessment, include the following:
- Examine the relationship between Sternberg’s triangular theory of love and types of adult attachment as described by Baumeister and Bushman (see the Context for this assessment).
- Are specific types of attachment related to specific types of love?
- Does research support a connection between type of adult attachment and type of adult love?
- Explain how a psychology professional can use the research on attachment styles and types of love to help people prepare for success in couple relationships.
Your submitted assessment should be 3–4 pages in length, excluding title page and reference page. Be sure to follow APA guidelines for format and style.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- At least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- APA format.
- Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double spaced.