1. Review information found on the following website related to hospital compare http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HospitalQualityInits/HospitalCompare.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
2. Read the information carefully and then locate the following website. http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
3. Search for hospitals within a 50-mile radius of the community where you are working or had your prelicensure clinical experiences. Type in your zip code(11216). Select your hospital and two others. Select hospitals/facilities and choose compare. If you live in a remote area and there are no hospitals listed within a 50-mile radius, select a zip code for a family member or a close friend who does not live near you. The idea is to review comparative data.
4. Click on the following topics to learn more.
a. Survey of patient’s experiences
b. Timely and effective care (focus your search on two of the conditions that apply to services provided at the hospitals)
c. Readmissions, complications, and deaths
5. Carefully read the information provided.
6. Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8-10 slides. Include the following, keeping in mind what all this data means.
a. Title slide with information pertinent to the course.
b. List reasons to recommend the website Hospital Compare to consumers (patients).
c. List reasons to recommend the website Hospital Compare to staff who may seek employment.
7. For the slides below, clearly label the name of each hospital:
a. Summarize patient experiences data for each hospital.
b. Summarize timely and effective care data for two conditions.
c. Summarize data for readmissions and complications and deaths.
d. List recommendations for improving data for one selected facility.
e. Summarize what you learned from this experience.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint Presentations
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
· Be creative.
· Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
· Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
· Review directions thoroughly.
· Proofread prior to final submission.
· Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
· Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.