- Conduct an Internet search to examine Web sites on response to intervention (RTI).
- Review the article “Determining Responsiveness to School Counseling Interventions Using Behavioral Observations” from your studies. ATTACHED
Then, construct a response to the following:
- How does Response to Intervention (RTI) support the success of students both academically and behaviorally?
- What are the differences between RTI and the traditional special education assessment model?
- What is the role of the school counselor in RTI?
- Because RTI has replaced the traditional special education assessment model in many states, it is often thought of as onlybeing for this purpose. How would you explain to parents that RTI is not specifically for determining special education eligibility but rather is a general education initiative designed to support all students?